Monday, October 19, 2009

The Pancake Place

Sunday I went to what is lovingly referred to as the "pancake place." Here is the story: There is a song that Jack Johnson sings called "Banana Pancakes." Well, it turns out that Jack Johnson himself owns a house in Lennox Head and ate banana pancakes at this particular restaurant. The place is within walking distance from our cabins, so my friend and I walked down for brekky. I couldn't tell you the name of the place, its tiny and only has outdoor seating. But this place is just adorable. Everyone brings their dogs, which run around unleashed with kids. The front area is littered with kayaks, surf boards, towels, and bikes. Its the kind of place at which one could sit and people-watch for hours.

Here is a picture of the view from our table. If this wasn't good enough already, the food at this place is FANTASTIC. I'm telling you, its the best kept secret in Lennox. The last time I was here I had a chicken sandwich with avocados (avos) and pineapple and I think it changed my life. Today, however, I knew it was time for the banana pancake experience. Before I even go on, if you are on a diet, stop reading now. In fact, just go ahead and go get a snack because there's no way you can see this and not get hungry. Alright, here they are:

This glorious concoction consists of banana pancakes covered in maple syrup with homemade vanilla ice cream on top. In the back there is some famous Aussie bacon whichb is, as I have already mentioned, delicious. So that's how I started my day: enough saturated fat to notably shorten my life. Needless to say, between this and the other amazing aussie food, most of us have gained a couple of pounds. I say its totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment